Here at Walls.io, we keep up with the latest trends in social media. So, it was about time we integrated the hottest social media platform in town: TikTok! In this article, we’ll tell you the what, where, and why of this integration, just like how to add a TikTok embed on your website.
What is TikTok?
In a nutshell, TikTok is an app for watching and sharing short videos. You’ve probably heard about it from a younger relative, or maybe you’re already an expert in viral dances. Whatever the case, don’t be fooled by the short choreographies and TikTok’s popularity among Gen Z, as the app offers everyone entertaining content, millennials and boomers included.
📈 Tiktok stats
The immersive experience this app provides has translated into significant user growth. Here are some impressive highlights of the platform.
- TikTok had a 1157.76% increase in its global user base between Jan 2018 and July 2020.
- It’s officially the most engaging social media app, with an average session length of 10.85 minutes, surpassing Pinterest at rank #2 with 5.06 minutes.
- Tiktok was also the most downloaded non-game app in the first 6 months of 2021, hitting 383 million installs from January to June 2021 alone.
Why you should embed TikTok content on your website
Given TikTok’s growing popularity, you might be asking yourself why you should transfer all that amazing content to your website or display? Well, many benefits come with connecting your TikTok account to a social wall.
- For one, not everyone enjoys being on TikTok. As mentioned before, the app displays content on full-screen, which some people find uncomfortable or too different. These people can still be served fun content via a TikTok embed.
- You can drive more followers to your TikTok account by embedding a social wall with your videos on your website. Visitors will notice your content and, most probably, give you a follow.
- Have all your social media content in one place. You’re probably creating custom content for each social platform. Repurpose all that unique content on your website, or display it on screens.
- You can engage website visitors and retain their attention by embedding your TikTok feed. People will watch your videos and spend more time on your page, which will improve your website engagement metrics by reducing bounce rates and increasing your CTR.
- Some of your customers might already be on TikTok, and there might already be reviews of your products. Collect all social proof from customers and creators, share it on your TikTok profile and use a social wall to embed it on your website!
- Ultimately, showing website visitors that you adapt to new social platforms will show how inclusive and innovative your brand is.
Entertain website visitors with a TikTok embed!
How brands can use TikTok embeds
Now that you’ve learned the multiple benefits of integrating your TikTok account to a social wall let’s focus on the possible use cases.
Embedding a TikTok feed on your website will help you show visitors the range of content your brand creates. Whether you embed TikTok content or a mix of content from all social platforms, you’ll grab the attention of your visitors. As a result, you’ll increase brand awareness and website retention!
Use TikTok UGC to generate sales
Authentic user-generated content is a must for your marketing strategy. Not only does it generate more sales, but it also makes customers trust your brand. The best part is that UGC is at the heart of TikTok, as the app is known to reward honest content creation from everyday people.
There are probably already reviews of your brand on the platform. All you have to do is find them, repost them on your account, and show them off on a social wall on your website or screen!
Give attendees their 15 mins of fame
TikTok is full of “A day in the life” vlogs in which creators, influencers and everyday people share their daily meals, errands, special events, etc. Encourage your event attendees to document their experience on TikTok, then repost their content on your account and social wall! Attendees will be happy to get their 15 minutes of fame.
How to embed a TikTok feed on your website in 3 steps
Now let’s get to the juicy part! Time to learn how to embed your TikTok feed on your website.
- Create your free Walls.io TikTok widget
- Choose your TikTok account as a Source
- Copy and paste your wall’s code snippet into your page
Done! As easy as that, you can add your TikTok content to your website.
1. Create your free Walls.io account
First of all, set up your free Walls.io account. Then go to Settings and choose the basic features of your wall, such as title and URL.
2. Choose your TikTok account as a source
Notice: the TikTok API doesn’t allow collecting content from other users or hashtags. So you’ll only be able to add videos from your TikTok profile. If you want to display content from other accounts, you only need to repost them on your profile.
To add your own TikTok profile as a source to your social wall, you first need to connect your TikTok account to Walls.io. Go to Settings > Sources in your Walls.io dashboard, select TikTok and click Connect.
Then, you’ll be asked to authorize Walls.io to access your profile information and public videos.
Once authorized, you need to enter your full name (not your @username or profile URL) and then press Add to confirm the profile.
Optionally, you can add content filters for all the TikTok sources if you want to refine the content we collect and display on your social wall.
Finally, click Add. That’s it; you connected TikTok to your wall!
Bonus step: Design the TikTok embed of your dreams
After adding TikTok to your wall, you’ll want to personalize the design. Go to the Design tab and begin adjusting your TikTok embed to your liking.
First, choose a layout. You have 5 options: Fluid, Grid, Kiosk, Bricks, Map or Billboard.
Then, customize the color scheme of your wall and tiles.
At the bottom of the design settings, you will find Advanced Customizations. Here you can choose how many columns to show, how to sort posts, language and animation. You can even enter custom CSS code to style your wall.
If a Dark color scheme firs your website better, Walls.io supports a dark fluid layout out of the box. You can find it under Settings >Design >Color Scheme.
Here is what the above example wall could look like using the Dark colour scheme.
3. Copy and paste your TikTok embed’s code snippet into your page
Finally, on the main menu, go to Embed and Display. There you will find your wall’s code snippet, which you can copy and paste into your website.
Over to you
In case you have further questions about creating your TikTok embed, don’t hesitate to contact the support team via chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Dazzle website visitors with a TikTok embed!
Related blog posts: