After making the social wall embeds free for everyone, we gave WordPress users a quick and easy solution for adding a social media feed to their website by creating the Walls.io Social Media Feed WordPress plugin.
We recently did a major update to have the plugin work seamlessly with the new WordPress Gutenberg editor. Read on and learn how to add a social media feed to your website using the Walls.io WordPress plugin.
WordPress Gutenberg Editor Support
WordPress recently changed the entire editing experience by releasing the Gutenberg editor which allows users to insert, rearrange, and style multimedia content with very little technical knowledge using predefined blocks.
The great news is that the Walls.io Social Media Feed Plugin works seamlessly with the new Gutenberg editor. You can simply choose the plugin from the content blocks library, add your social wall’s URL and you’re all set.
Without being an expert developer, you can quickly add a social wall to your website using the Walls.io Social Media Feed Plugin. Don’t worry, the Walls.io WordPress plugin will continue to work with the standard WordPress editor as well.
How to add a social media feed to your website using the Walls.io WordPress plugin
Add your social wall to your WordPress site in three simple steps.
1) Create a Walls.io social media feed
- To use this plugin you first need to get a free social wall account on Walls.io, where you can create and customise your social media feed and add sources to it. The Free plan supports the most popular social platforms — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube — and allows you to add one source for each platform. We’ve put together a quick start guide for you to create a social media feed in no time.
- Grab the link to your wall from the browser bar.
2) Install the Walls.io plugin
To install the Walls.io Social Media Feed plugin you can use two methods:
- Find the plugin under the Plugins menu in WordPress using “Walls.io” as a keyword, install it and then activate it.
- Or Download the plugin zip file, unzip it, and upload it to your WordPress site under the /wp-includes/plugins directory.
3) Embed the social media feed in a WordPress post or page
To add your Walls.io social media wall to a post or page using the WordPress Gutenberg editor, simply create a new block, search for “walls”, select the plugin, enter your wall’s URL and click Embed.
If you’re still using the classic WordPress editor go into edit mode and click the “Add a Walls.io Wall” button located on the top of the editor. A new window will open where you can add your Walls.io social wall URL.
Why add a social media feed to your WordPress website?
Social media can bring any website to life. There are so many reasons to add a live social media feed to your website:
- Give your visitors a way to interact with you directly.
- Improve conversions by convincing your visitors to buy with great user reviews and user-generated content.
- Allow your visitors to share your content with their friends and followers.
- Make your website look relevant and up-to-date.
Why choose Walls.io over any other WordPress social media feed plugin?
Just in case you’re still wondering why you should use Walls.io and not any other WordPress plugin, here are 7 good reasons:
1. The Walls.io Social Media Feed plugin is free forever. You only need this plugin and a free Walls.io account to display a social feed from multiple social networks on your website.
We also offer paid plans including more platforms, advanced moderation and even more custom design possibilities, but our free account will be free forever.
Compare the features included in the free plan with those of our paid plans to find the best option for what you need: walls.io/features-and-pricing
2. You can collect social content from multiple social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Linkedin, ВКонтакте (VKontakte), Flickr, Tumblr, Reddit, Vimeo, Facebook Messenger, and others.
3. You are not limited to listing social media content but can also add your own content directly to the wall. Custom content can contain details about your next event, information about your latest product, posts promoting a great product feature, interesting facts about your company, testimonials from your clients or employees — you name it!
4. The sky’s the limit when it comes to the design of your social feed. You can choose from 5 different themes and further customise backgrounds, fonts, tile colours and even use CSS.
5. You have a completely responsive and mobile-ready social feed that looks great on any screen size and in any container width.
6. Spam is not a problem. You can keep the spammy posts away from your social feed with our powerful spam detection filters, as well as the image-based NSFW detection feature.
7. You decide what shows up on in your social feed and what doesn’t by using the advanced moderation options. This includes language filters and blacklist filters for both keywords and profiles.
Over to you
If you have any feedback or suggestions on how we can enhance the Walls.io plugin, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We really hope that you like it and find it useful. If so, please take a minute and give us a 5* rating in the WordPress directory: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wallsio/#reviews
Here’s how the social wall embed looks in action