YouTube Shorts… *sigh*, yet another successful short-form video feature. A cousin of Reels and a distant uncle of TikTok. Similar to these platforms, Shorts are on the rise, so you better adopt the trend and learn how to embed YouTube Shorts on a website.
For those brave enough already embracing Shorts, you’re in for a treat. Walls.io helps you easily embed Shorts on your website with responsive layouts that attract visitors and improve SEO and SERP.
Read on to learn how to turn your website into a branded YouTube Shorts hub.
Embed all of your YouTube Shorts on a website at once
Many embedding solutions out there require you to enter the link of each YouTube Shorts on a website one by one, making you waste a lot of time.
With Walls.io, you can embed your YouTube Shorts on a website at once and never have to think about it again. Every new video you post will be automatically added to your website embed.
Collect your YouTube content in one feed
Embed YouTube Shorts on a website in 3 steps
Jumping right into the easy 3-step tutorial, here’s how to embed your YouTube Shorts easily on a website.
1. Get a Walls.io account
2. Connect your Google account to Walls.io and add a YouTube source
To add a YouTube profile, keyword, or playlist as a source to your social wall, you first need to connect your Google account to Walls.io. To do that, go to Settings > Sources in your Walls.io dashboard, select YouTube and click connect.
You will get the option to select between a personal or a brand account (if you have one). Select the one you want and click Allow to give Walls.io all the necessary permissions. This is something you only need to set up once.
- The YouTube API only gives us access to public content. So if, for example, a playlist or a video is private, we will not be able to display that content on your social wall.
Add YouTube content for a specific keyword to your social wall
To add YouTube keyword sources to your social wall, go to Settings > Sources in your Walls.io dashboard and select YouTube > Keyword. Next, add the keyword from which you want to pull content and click Add.
Adding YouTube profile content to your social wall
To add YouTube profiles as sources to your social wall, go to Settings > Sources in your Walls.io dashboard and select YouTube > Profile. Next, add the profile URL you want to pull content from and click Add.
Adding YouTube playlist content to your social wall
To add YouTube playlists as sources to your social wall, go to Settings > Sources in your Walls.io dashboard and select YouTube > Playlist. Next, add the YouTube playlist URL you want to pull content from and click Add.
You can add content filters for all the YouTube sources if you want to refine the content we collect and display on your social wall.
3. Embed your YouTube Shorts on your website
Then copy and paste your embed code into your website, and voila! Your YouTube Shorts have been added to your website.
Interesting stats about YouTube Shorts
- Based on analytics, social media videos less than 60 seconds long retain about 60% of their viewers. When the length is 30 seconds, the percentage increases to 80%.
- People need authenticity, the prime reason why UGC in short-form videos is 2.4 times more likely to be trusted when compared to other marketing videos and why it is thriving in 2022.
- It is estimated that 93% of businesses have gained customers through short-form social media videos. In addition, people share videos twice as much as any other kind of online content.
- The majority of users are happy to watch business videos that last under one minute, according to statistics.
- There is no end to the creative possibilities offered by video memes today. Gen Z is 57% in favor of brands participating in memes.
Add a YouTube widget on your website
FAQs about YouTube Shorts embed options
How are brands using YouTube Shorts on their website?
Brands embed YouTube Shorts on their website for social proof, showcase how their product works, or on their careers pages to present their team. From employee testimonials to informative videos about the job application process or company culture. Most importantly, brands use YouTube feeds to drive user engagement, keep visitors on their websites, and skyrocket conversion rates. Walls.io has been embedding YouTube videos and Shorts on the website for a long time!
Will embedding YouTube Shorts improve my SEO rankings?
The short answer is: yes. Search engines use the time spent on site metric as a ranking factor since dwell time equals audience engagement – and that can only mean that you have great content on your page. The longer the dwell time, the more likely your visitors will take action. Brands use YouTube widgets to drive user engagement, keep the visitors on their website, and skyrocket conversion and click-through rates.
On which platforms can I embed a YouTube Shorts widget?
Here are a few guides for the most popular CMS tools, but bear in mind that it can work on any website, also if you have a custom-made solution:
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts on Beaver Builder
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts on BigCommerce
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts on Elementor
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts on Microsoft SharePoint
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts on Notion
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts using Shopify
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts using Squarespace
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts using Wix
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts using Weebly
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts using Jimdo
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts using Webflow
- How to embed your YouTube Shorts using WordPress
Can I embed content from other networks apart from YouTube?
What kind of content can I show with the Walls.io YouTube widget?
You can add any YouTube keywords, public profiles, and public playlists.
Can I embed the YouTube Shorts on an event platform?
Your YouTube feed will work great on all event platforms. To help you integrate your social wall more easily, we created a few guides for the most popular ones we also partner with. Drop us a line in the chat if you’re missing a guide.
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on 6connex
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Bizzabo
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Canapii
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on GEVME
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Hopin
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Hubilo
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Pathable
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Splash
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Swapcard
- How to embed YouTube Shorts on Veertly
Is it possible to moderate content from a YouTube shorts widget?
The Walls.io YouTube widget allows you to select the content you want to display and hide the rest. The widget’s moderation features include language and keyword filters, automated spam filtering for images and text, unlimited moderators, and remote moderation from any device.